That’s right ladies and gents. I now have a fitness routine that I’ll be doing every time I attend the gym, which will be around 3 – 4 days a week.
But before I get into that, I’d like to first mark my weight in this blog post.
I now weigh around 72kgs, which is kind of weird in my mind as I weighed 85kgs when I came back to the UK. I’ve somehow lost all of this weight and haven’t even noticed it, as I haven’t really been taking care of my fitness levels or body – as a matter of fact. I’m not sure if I should be celebrating or concerned. Either way, now that I know this I’m eating much more and I’m doing resistance training exercise. I’ve bought lots of healthy food with a great deal of proteins, vitamins and all that other jazz.
Another announcement is that I actually tried the rowing machines for a full 20 minutes:
It’s the first time I’ve ever used a rowing machine and this machine will now replace the running machine. Running is definitely cutting away at my muscles, so I’ve actually got to put a stop to that and start doing a great deal of resistance training exercises.
- 5 minute stretch
- Rowing (fast tempo) x 20 minutes
- Vertical Traction (25 kg – slow tempo) x 12 repetitions (3 sets)
- Chest Press (25 kg – slow tempo) x 12 repetitions (3 sets)
- Pulley (25 kg – slow tempo) x 12 repetitions (3 sets)
- Incline Chest Press (25 kg – slow tempo) x 12 repetitions (3 sets)
- Shoulder Press (10 kg – slow tempo) x 12 repetitions (3 sets)
- Arm Curl (10 kg – slow tempo) x 12 repetitions (3 sets)
- Leg Extension (25 kg – slow tempo) x 12 repetitions (3 sets)
- Total Abdominal (30 kg – slow tempo) x 12 repetitions (3 sets)
- Leg Press (40 kg – slow tempo) x 12 repetitions (3 sets)
- Front Plank (for as long as possible)
The weights are a little low, but then again – I only weigh 72 kg and need to slowly adjust to bigger weights when I can adapt to that stage of weight lifting. I’ll be reviewing this on the 28th with one of the instructors who created this routine for me, as a way of rebuilding muscle that I may have lost when I lost the weight that I did lose.
I’m feeling quite confident that I can keep up with this and stick to it. Hopefully I’ll look somewhat different before I return to work and if not I’ll still be as committed as ever to build up muscle. That’s one of my goals for next year I guess.